Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Freelancing Extraordinaire!

Let me start off by saying that I have some GOOD FRIENDS who are so willing to HELP ME OUT! Thank you to everyone who has been getting my name and my portfolio out there, I am a lucky girl, and this is an amazing city to be in! I have had an influx of freelance work lately, and it is fun and scary and challenging all at the same time. I am also still applying for steady work all over the place.
Lately I have been working with East Side Manor Productions designing brochures and cards, doing a little photography, and helping them to market and promote their events. They have a beautiful house located in East Nashville that is being turned into a venue for parties, writers nights, and this month: cooking classes!
Perfect place for me, right? So this week I created a brochure for them promoting small classes with Chef John McNeil, a brilliant individual who has cooked at Emeril's, Commander's Palace, and New Zealand's famous Logan Brown restaurant. This months class will be focused on Creole Cooking (!!!) and it will take place at 7pm on August 12th. You'll be in East Nash anyway for Tomato Festival, so why not take a break from the heat and have some lovely gourmet food in a relaxed elegant environment? The class will cost $40 per person, and all ingredients (that means you get to eat dinner), wine (that means you get to drink WITH dinner) and utensils (that means you get to help with dinner) will be provided. You will also receive a copy of all recipes, as well as any photography taken during the class. Guess who gets to help with the photography?

Hint: Red & Extraordinary

I hope I have made this sound enticing, because it is going to be a really special and lovely event. John prefers to work with a small class size, 14 is his maximum in fact, so you are assured a laid back time. Please consider attending, and if you are interested contact Rossana@EastSideManorProductions.com

Now, off to continue the job search!
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment