Monday, March 29, 2010

Food Styling, Attempt #1


Ok, so I'm beginning to feel like I have settled back into the ways of America. As boring and sensory depriving (nothing older than 300 years I mean COME ON!) as it can be, it is home. My stove is here, and as old and decrepit as that is, I still get a kick out of it. I would like to think of today's brunch as an Italian style egg mcmuffin. Maybe I should send it over since McDonald's in Rome had no breakfast... just like every other place in Italy. Seriously, the one thing Italians do not know how to enjoy to the full extent is breakfast. Everything else (and I do mean everything) made up for it though.

Italian Egg McMuffin

1 large egg
1 English muffin
1 Tbl. Olive Oil
1 slice ripe tomato ( I think they would be great roasted, I will try that next time)
Parmesan to taste ( I only used about a teaspoon, maybe a little more)
Black pepper to taste
Parsley for garnish
Small splash of Balsamic Vinaigrette
Salt optional (did not use)

Heat the olive oil over medium in a flat bottomed frying pan. Place two halves of the English muffin in the toaster (or use whatever toasting method you prefer) so they will be ready by the time the egg is cooked. You may butter them if you like. If you feel confident enough to ignore the egg for a second go ahead and slice the tomato. Fry the egg until over easy or medium and transfer to plate with paper towel to drain oil. Assemble the sandwich with the egg on the bottom, followed by the tomato, parm & parsley, balsamic, and black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment